Saturday, May 1, 2010

Does anyone pick Malaysia as their travel destination? and Why


Does anyone pick Malaysia as their travel destination? and Why?
Well I'm working here in Kuala Lumpur, far away from my home in Aussie.I had bad feelings about Islamic country before I came here but this nation really changed my views. Malaysia is a very beautiful country and lots of attractions. .I was just wondering how many of you have thought of travel to Malaysia and Why? Sorry but I'm not going to talk racist here. What I mean bad feelings because of their food (too spicy for me when I'm in Aussie) not religion, I'm just merely wanna know the answer but not terrorist or Islam issue. If you misunderstand my question it's better you hand off your keyboard. I repeat, I'm just merely wanna know how many of you like or planning to travel to Malaysia. That's all.
Malaysia - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no cuz its boring
2 :
i don't have choice as i live in Malaysia.. hehehe... try to go to Sipadan island.. currently rank no 13 on new 7 wonders of nature..
3 :
there are many beautiful female frog in Malaysia
4 :
people who dress like me is not a terrorist
5 :
People who look like me is not sad. Edit: Sorry Jim, Mazlan misunderstood the question and the weird one. Orchid also the weird one. And several other weird people. On behalf of these people I'm very sorry Edit: To answer your question seriously If were a non-Malaysian, I would see Malaysia as a boring country. Thailand is pretty and full of night life. Indonesia has Bali and chokingly smelly Jakarta, Vietnam has Vietnam War, Cambodia and Laos have monks and temples, Singapore 'thinks' they are great. Malaysia is a country without hype, very tone down. ehh... what's the thumb downs for?
6 :
i have been there one time, and i am not going to go back. in the city is nice but rural is not. i don't like their look toward foreigner. then i learn that (at that time which was long ago) the muslim government had/has kind of difference scholarship system for the non-muslim minority kids. (they got a lot less benefit than the muslim kids.) i don't know if it is still the fact today.
7 :
its not really an islam country. there are many other religion followers as well. many temples and churches. churches built before the independence are beautiful. well, dont mention islam (and the sultans)around, else u will get jailed. seriously.
8 :
Jim, there are 4 billion people in this planet but not one country TRAPS ppl into converting to Islam except malaysia. So whatever you do, dont date muslim girls. Aint worth the trouble. Mazlan is a good example of a bad example.
9 :
As a foreign employee in Shah Alam, I'll prefer travel to Penang and Langkawi getaway from city like KL together with my nice and friendly Malay friends. Well definitely not include Mazlan,haha.
10 :
=) im Malaysian, will welcome another London-er friend next week after Bean oh Jim just ignore Mazlan...=) and i'm a Muslim
11 :
Because I am not a frog but I'm still gorgeous
12 :
I am from Bangladesh by birth but am a US Citizen now and lived in USA more than half of my life. I have traveled to Malaysia several times (More than 20). I have travelled alone as well as with my wife and 2 daughters. And the reasons were various. Transit, Business, Vacation. I won't say that I absolutely love Malaysia but I like the country quite a lot. I like it because there is lot to do over there. Good and variety of food, bargain shopping, mixed culture, lots to see and do, beaches, safari, night life, adventure and etc. etc. etc. I will be coming to Kuala Lumpur once again in July and will also be traveling to Langkawi. Looking forward to it.......
13 :
malaysia is still my home. =)