Sunday, August 1, 2010

Living in Sydney Or Melbourne? Driving factor of my migration plan are my kids' education and job opportunity


Living in Sydney Or Melbourne? Driving factor of my migration plan are my kids' education and job opportunity
I am a Malaysian living in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. there are 4 of us in the family. my hubby & I with 2 young kids. my husband is a businessman in the F&B line while i am an accountant. the purpose of migrating to AU is because of the education for my kids and more work life balance for my husband & I. We are uncertain where to settle down. to settle with Melbourne or Sydney. We have heard that Melbourne is one of the most liveable city in the world. But Sydney offers better job opportunities? I need advices from those of you who have the experience of both. I am sure these 2 cities are beautiful, just not sure which suits my family best. need your advice....thanks in advance.
Sydney - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have lived at both. Clothes are better in Melbourne Weather is warmer is Sydney Sydney may be more multicultural than Melbourne Schooling is good at both locations There are excellent career opportunities at both locations Both locations are great and nice places to bring up your children.
2 :
Melbourne and Sydney are both great cities with excellent schools and universities. Whichever you choose, your children's education will be fine. I have lived in both and would do so again with no problems but if I had to make a choice, Sydney would be my preference. I would investigate the job opportunities and choose the city that offers the best in that line, the rest will fall into place. You can't go wrong in either city.
3 :
Canberra or Sydney, look Sydney is good for school, and other stuff, like jobs too and fun too ! But Canberra is great to live ! By the way im from Sydney !
4 :
Melbourne has been called the one of the most livable cities in the world. However, I think Sydney has more career opportunities. Beware of Sydney humidity!!