Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur


Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur?
I'm potentially moving to Kuala Lumpur to work for an IT company in a few months and wondering what kind of living I would experience with what roughly works out to 1450 MYR/month. I'm only working for a year as an internship before I move back to the UK. I don't drink or smoke, don't intend to do very much shopping for clothes, gadgets etc, not a fussy eater and am generally laid back about accomodation as long as it's clean. I would like internet but it's not a must. Is 1450 MYR/month reasonable or is that too little? Are there also any sites where I could look at potential accomodation? Thanks. Cheers!
Malaysia - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Too little. Renting a room will be around RM600-RM1k. Renting a flat will be more than RM1k. Plus your transportation and food, it is definitely not enough.
2 :
at least Rm3500 to Rm500
3 :
Check for room rental here http://www.propnet.com.my/ for standard/budget type http://www.iproperty.com.my/ for premium type At least 600 on food even if you are thrifty Internet 99 for 1.2mbps, mobile phone 50 Get a roommate to halve your rental Good luck
4 :
too little rent house about RM1000++ ur food per month RM300++ cheap food tranpot RM120++ Gas Rm250++ any more ! like tol about Rm3000~Rm5000+++ enought to living in kuala lumpur
5 :
Generally, MYR1450 is very little to live in Kuala Lumpur. You might opt for room rental, which can be as cheap as MYR250 per month. Check this website to find a room for rent. http://www.pjnet.com.my/forum-10.html Public transportation maybe around MYR5 per day. Meals probably MYR15 per day.
6 :
Wow. Living in the city for a meager 1450 MYR/ month..?? No can do, my friend. You'll need AT LEAST double that amount. Even with your laidback/ minimal lifestyle it just won't do.