Friday, August 14, 2009

How to make friends in Kuala Lumpur


How to make friends in Kuala Lumpur?
I'm 29 year-old Syrian and a university graduate. I worked in many places and recently I've decided to study another degree in Film making in Malaysia. I like the city but the thing is I'm feeling quite bored and lonely since all my colleagues are 7-10 years younger than me and there aren't many cultural events to attend, plus the Malay and Chinese social life is quite limited. Is there a way to know people from other countries so I can make friends and stop the Facebook addiction? Thanks :)
Malaysia - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
film making malaysia? it is possible...have wanted to do tht, but problems...though i am studying in malaysia...
2 :
Again, this is fairly a common social issue that sometimes people are not sure how to make friends on how to put together into social life. I understand that you want to study in malaysia, new to the area and don't know anyone. Your colleagues are the easiest way to turn, they are your existing contacts. Ask them to go hang out w/ you and surely you can meet all the people you want, and they can think you're great, but if you don't take any actions to do something with them in the future, then you won't form many new relationships. Facebook............forget it. Its your move.
3 :
socialize in many way. attend events, hobbies, gym, sports, clubs, book store or perhaps join a volunteering? KL got thousand of people and a lot of event offered. wish you good luck
4 :
Age isn't the problem here. I guess you just haven't met the right people yet.
5 :
so lets making friends.. starting here.. hi, I'm green..so, where have u been?