Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hi, I have an offer of RM 3000 from a marketing research company in Malaysia for working as Project Manager.


Hi, I have an offer of RM 3000 from a marketing research company in Malaysia for working as Project Manager.?
I am currently working in India as Project Manager,in Gurgaon, for a MR company. I would like to know if the Malaysian offer, of RM 3000, is worthwhile to make a shift from India to Malaysia. What is cost of living in Malaysia like, will I be able to save enough to send back home or barely survive with RM 3000. Also what are pay packages like in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur for PM in MR? I really need help as I do not know any one living in Malaysia. Please send your responses soon as I have to get back to the company with my answer....
Other - Business & Finance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi there, are u being offered more than what you're currently earning? RM3000 is pretty low.. it's equivalent to only US$875.. I suggest u not to switch since the pay is too little and further more you don't know anyone there. I'm from Singapore, so the cost of living in KL should be quite similar. Only in non-city areas in msia would the cost of living be much cheaper. U still have to consider accomodation and etc.. I'm not too sure about the market rate for PM in MR but a standard package should at least be RM4000. Unless there's a huge difference, or you're a really thrifty person, I say stick to your current one as it's more convenientas your offer is really not enough.
2 :
If the company offers you the following in addition to the RM3,000 then you can accept the offer. 1. Company car plus petrol and maintenance of the car. 2. Company paid accommodation. 3. Company pays for your income taxes. 4. Company pays for your air passage at the end of your contract, or at least once a year. 5. Company provides and pays for your mobile phone subscription. RM3,000 alone without any other benefits is too low a salary for a Project Manager. Expenses: Food: A typical meal could cost you anywhere between RM5 to RM8. Traveling: If the company pays for your local traveling, then budget RM150 to RM200 a month for your personal traveling. Else, budget RM400 to RM600. If the company provides you with a car + petrol + maintenance and you are allowed to use this car for your personal traveling, then you can ignore this expense. Accommodation: Renting a decent room in the city center could cost you anywhere between RM350 to RM700 Mobile phone service: Anywhere between RM30 to RM200 a month.