Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Anyone able to answer


Anyone able to answer?
I am an archivist of my former school. And I have question. Lets say during the late 1910s, there's a teacher who had a camera (quite a good possession back then), and she was working for a missionary school, and she worked there for 2 years from 1919 to 1921, do you think that particular teacher will take photos of the school, the place she worked? And she was from the States, but the school is in the then Malaya, now known as Malaysia. I just want to know how people might judge this case based on their point of views in general. Cause I have found out all the belongings of her including here photographs are in the Yale Archive. And I am trying hard to judge, did she take any photographs of my former school, Methodist Boys' School, Kuala Lumpur as I am involved with my former school's archive. We want to depict life from 1897 to 1960s.
Psychology - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why not? She was certainly working in a country that differs a lot from hers and would think it interesting to take pictures for the school and other places to show or send home. If you have the photographs then I think she would label them at the back with date and definition. Pictures were a rarity at the time and people would take care of them and make sure they indicate when and where they were shot.
2 :
sure she would photographers with good equipment use it all the time write to the archivist at Yale see if they can get you some copies its quite easy to do these days so maybe they would.