Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What is wrong with Monday


What is wrong with Monday ?
Please, tell me why I don't like Mondays. It's only 7:30 AM, and I am already melancholy. I just figured out some chick who I thought was just a nice girl who liked to to chat online, has been working me hard for a couple of weeks, trying to set up one of those financial scams. You know the one, "I've got money in some mysterious bank accout, somewhere, I need your help to get it. Can you help me, please?" I am so naive, I gotta stop that. She finally got around to it. Worked me, set me up for weeks! B**h! Probably wasn't even a girl, it was some hairy guy in Kuala Lumpur, who posted a pretty picture. Darn! I should have seen that one coming, instead, I just stepped right in front of the bus, got out of the way just in time, though. Like ,I said, I am so naive. If people do not stop messing with my mind, playing with my emotions, I am just going to stop associating with anybody! I swear to God, I am tired of it. And, I'm not being paranoid. Well, maybe a little, it just pisses me off. I am not sure I'd call it punk, but it was a song. Boomtown Rats, I believe. I do get out in public, meet people, face to face. One of those just tore me up recently too. I am just way too easy, that's the problem. Gotta get tough! Not cynical. I love humanity. Just have to be careful.
Psychology - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i'm with you, mondays are not my kinda days
2 :
Tell me why I don't like Mondays. Wasn't that a punk rock song? lol Yes, your situation does suck...but you're not the only person this has happened to. When one is lonely, they can be extremely vulnerable. I had something similar happen four years ago. A guy from England whom I met at a US/UK romance website was pretty much pretending to be my friend, that he wanted something "more." and even though I was 43, and college educated, I was STILL dumb enough to believe it. With each email and IM, he let me build up a bunch of hopes, dreams, fantasies...and I told him things I had never shared with anyone else. He even went so far as to talk about the possibility of marriage (and when you're a woman over 40 that's not something to be trifled with). I broke up with a guy I had been dating three years because this other guy sounded so promising...and then one day suddenly without any warning he knocked me down viciously in one fall swoop. I had never had such a cruel, attacking and abusive parting email before or since. I was left feeling like I had gotten broadsided by a car or something! Even worse? After that, he disappeared off my MSN messenger, I couldn't reach him by phone or email. It was as if he had never existed! I found out later on that the guy was MARRIED and that he had attempted to scam several other women at that same website...all of us with the same fantasy that they were going to meet that smart, kind Englishman ala Hugh Grant and settle in a manor house somewhere in the countryside and live happily ever after with no worries. He "dumped" us all in the same way...basically when he was getting close to getting found out! Anyway, it was just terrible. I remember I was just devastated by this. I cried for weeks, lost weight, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep... and over what? A few romantic words and some empty promises on a screen and one phone call to a guy who had the WORST British accent I had ever heard! Why? Because it felt like a violation...almost a psychological rape of sorts. Maybe you're feeling that way about now? It would only be natural... Anyway, now I look back and think WTF were you thinking, girl? Yeah, because I let my guard down, I let this phantom lover "break my heart" but I'm so thankful that a lot worse didn't happen (like him stealing my money or identity). Yeah, Mr. "Wonderful" from Wiltshire pretty much wrote me a big fat reality check, that's for sure....the tear I shed at that time forced me to open my eyes and look at things differently...and I eventually realized that I was looking for happiness/love in all the wrong places...and not appreciating what I had right in my own backyard...and realizing that made all the difference in the world. but still this is not really about Mondays...or any other day of the week. It's about regaining trust in your fellow human beings, about how yow you plan to deal with your emotions ,and what attitude you'll choose to take...it's all about your attitude, trust me on that. You don't have to choose to let that one situation define your entire experience with humanity or let it leave you embittered. Consider it a hard lesson learned, then move on. (However, if I were you, I'd consider reporting this with your bank or the Federal Trade Commission FTC if they got any $$ from you) Why not look at it this way? Since the baggage has been removed, you now know know what doesn't work. You have a new opportunity here. If you really want to meet people, then shut off that computer and get out into your community and TALK to other people in real time. Take a class, do volunteer work, walk a dog...something other than just relying on stuff online. If you do meet others online, set some guidelines (like being in the same or a neighboring state wher you can take it into real time a lot faster)...in other words, think globally but DATE locally, that's the answer. That's what I did. Luckily, the guy had been dating took me back, and now we've been together 7 years and I've never been happier. No it's not a "movie" romance, but I've learned there's nothing more romantic than reality :) Hang in there, it will get better. Honest.
3 :
That would hurt. I think honesty and love are the foundations of happiness - and parts of society are not like that anymore. You have 2 choices as I see it - get bitter, or, believe in decency and hold out for it in your own life.
4 :
For one thing if there was no Monday we wouldnt have to put up with that doleful solomon grundy threnody would we. also tryin to escape the police when everyon has there Monday morning washin on the line and you keep gettin caughtup in it an they catchyou an drag you down the pokey an you end up in court next Monday mornin Thats whats wrong with it what times breakfast
5 :
i totally agrre w/ you! MONDAYS SUCK!
6 :
Who does likes Mondays? lol, Their the first day of the week which means you have to start your boring daily routine over again... as for the internet scam, if someone you don't know asks you for $ over the internet and they don't know you, just know it's some kind of scam. Hope it doesn't happen to you again..