Monday, February 1, 2010

Where in southeast asia should i get dental work done


Where in southeast asia should i get dental work done?
I am heading to Kuala Lumpur for the winter, and as i am getting ready i begin to have problems with my teeth. i need minor work, a wisdom tooth removed and a crown put in. no surgery or anything difficult. should i get that done in kuala lumpur or wait til i go to bangkok? any advice is appreciated. dave
Dental - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I suggest neither of those places... It says you posted your question in America, can't you have it seen to there? I'm not sure what the dentists are like in America though... However, even in western countries it's possible to get dodgy dentists--imagine what it's like in Asia where they don't have the strict conditions? However, if you really have to choose, I'd recommend Malaysia over Thailand--I was in a Malaysian hospital once and it was quite nice, and I've visited a friend in a Thai hospital and it didn't seem as good... It's your decision in the end though, maybe if you go and visit some dental practices there and have a look and ask some questions! :)
2 :
Having a wisdom tooth removed IS surgery. And delivering a crown requires a high degree of skill. I think you are taking a risk by having this done by unknown providers in a third world country. If you're having problems now (it's July), putting the work off until next winter is dumb. But what do I know? - I'm just a dentist.