Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Where is the best Island(s) in South East Asia to go to in mid-January


Where is the best Island(s) in South East Asia to go to in mid-January?
I plan on taking a trip from Kuala Lumpur (where I currently live) to a chilled out island, relatively nearby, but want to avoid the monsoon/any bad weather. I'll be traveling on my own, which I like to do sometimes and I really want peace and quiet, a good beach, plenty of sun and clear water. I want to avoid any of the horrific tourist traps and overpopulated, areas of the South-East Asian Islands. As my girlfriend is overseas and my friends are working, I want a place that I can just read a good book, get a tan, eat some excellent local food, take stunning photos (I'm an amateur photographer) and recharge for the eventual rat-race to come. I have been to: *Perhentian Islands (My favorite) *Tioman (Ok-la) *Redang (Too many tourists... but met some fellow Londoners here!) *Langkawi (Liked it) *Bali (Need to explore more). I was considering Phi Phi / Phuket / Boracay or one of the Sulawesi Islands. I might even go back to Bali, but NW/NE and explore the SE Islands like Lombok. :P
Other - Asia Pacific - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Samui. Been there in January and the weather was just great and it was not soooooo overrun with tourists.
2 :
Camiguin Islands of the Philippines. Near. Affordable. Great sites.