Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm considering being a kindergarten teacher, so can someone please give me some information on this subject


I'm considering being a kindergarten teacher, so can someone please give me some information on this subject
I am currently living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I know the income as a kindergarten teacher can be even lower than a janitor's but somehow I feel like giving it a try. I'm checking it out during my off days( weakly holiday for working sales personel). Can anyone tell me is it worth it to do this? and Can anyone tell me their experience as a kindergarten teacher in Malaysia? What lvl of education is required? My highest is a 2.25 gpa from STPM(biology and chemistry course)
Teaching - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's a good idea. Little kids are the joy in my life.
2 :
I can give you a bit of a clue but it's about a Taiwan experience in an english speaking international school., not Malaysian. I was teaching another level but observing my wife, the kinder teacher, because it was so fascinating. We were foreigners in Taiwan. Chinese kids were taught their numbers and english alpha characters and then taught to read using CVC methods between September and Christmas. Yes, in four months all that. Of course reading does not mean full comprehension but the kids COULD read their primers aloud word-by-word. The arithmetic over the year was at American 1st grade level because those were the books used. The kids were like sponges. They were playing in english after a few weeks. Parents of kinders are very amazed to see their kids progress so well and behave at the ding of a small bell because of course at home they might be brats. The kindergarten teacher is probably the one most respected and least likely to be forgotten by parents. . You'll make a lot of good friends among the parents.
3 :
Kindergarten is a very hard grade to teach. The students come in with various learning abilities. You have to teach them the how to write, read and sound the letters of the alphabet, write, read numbers to 100. And on top of that you have to model proper social skills and prepare them for the more advanced rigorous work in first grade. Although the pay is not much, the rewards are priceless.